Preparedness Pantry Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Skillet Chicken Pot Pie

I have been learning to cook with my food storage for the past year and this is one of the first recipes that I learned. I make it a little different from the recipe that I was given but it is still good and it does not take long to make.


Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
1 lb.chicken ( I use two 14 oz. cans of turkey)
1-1/2 to 2 cups of any veggie you like most
1 cup uncooked pasta of your choice
1 can plus 1-1/2 cup water or milk (I like milk)
now it calls for refrigerated biscuits to be add 10 minutes before done
but I dont add them til it is done
So you put everything in but the biscuits in the skillet over medium heat.
Bring to a boil; lower the heat,cover and simmer
for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
this serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment